We are a cooperative committed to our members. Our goal is to hire people who share our passion for customer service and agriculture. We have a variety of full-time and part-time opportunities and offer a benefits program designed to attract and retain qualified employees.
Ag Accounting Specialist
Join our growing team of full service agricultural financial experts.
Farm Credit Services of Mandan is seeking a full time Ag Accounting Specialist, located in our Mandan office.
This position will prepare and maintain farm records and financial reports and process payroll for agricultural clients. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field. Computer proficiency, strong analytical abilities, detail orientation, and strong communication skills required. Current agricultural knowledge and accounting experience desired.
As a company, we offer competitive compensation with base plus incentive pay structure; excellent benefit package; continuing education; and work/life balance flexibility.
Farm Credit Services of Mandan is not a LPA or CPA firm.
EEO / AAP – M,F, Veterans, Disability
Farm Credit Services of Mandan, as part of its mission and purpose, provides financial assistance for students with a career interest in agricultural lending or related services. A specified amount of money and number of scholarships is determined annually during the budget process and awarded in September of each year. In 2018, a total of 4 (four) $2000 each scholarships will be awarded.
Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
Eligiblity & Application Process
Selection is made by a multi-disciplinary selection committee and utilizes objective criteria to determine eligible candidates and awardees.
- Enrolled as a full time student (12 or more credits) in a baccalaureate program at an accredited college or university, studying Agricultural Business, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Education, Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields of study.
- Have completed a minimum of 96 credits.
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 3.0 (B).
- Must remain in good academic standing as defined by college or university policy.
- Complete all program courses from which the student does not drop / withdraw before the expiration of the drop / withdraw period.
- Have a career goal to work in agricultural lending or related services.
- May not be immediate family (child, step-child, grandchild, step-grandchild, or sibling) of FCSM Senior Leadership or Selection Committee members.
- Students may be considered for scholarships for two consecutive years, however, each year will require a new application and selection process.
- Complete “Application for Scholarship” form.
- Write and submit an essay explaining the student’s desires to work in the agricultural field and their career goals post-graduation.
- Submit a current college transcript.
- Provide letters of reference from a minimum of three current or previous college instructors or advisors.
- Participate in face to face interview with Selection Committee (you will be contacted after the application review process)
- Complete computerized personality assessment (this will be arranged at the time of the face to face interview).
Farm Credit Services of Mandan offers a package of compensation and benefits programs that supports our efforts to attract, reward and retain qualified employees.
Competitive base plus variable pay; health, dental, and vision insurance; life and accidental death and dismemberment; tax advantage accounts (Flex Spending / Dependent Care / Health Savings Accounts); short and long term disability; 401(k) Retirement Plan (up to 9% employer contribution). Work-Life Balance; paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave program; Wellness Program; Tuition Reimbursement Program; Education and Training Opportunities; Employee Recognition Awards, and Employee Assistance Program
Farm Credit offers two different paid internship opportunities.
The Summer Internship runs from May to August. The internship provides students with exposure to all aspects of the Farm Credit Services business, including lending, insurances, accounting, and corporate administration.
The Winter Tax Internship starts in December and runs through tax season. This internship provides students with exposure to multiple facets of the Farm Credit Services tax department, including but not limited to tax planning, tax preparation, and tax reporting.
Farm Credit Celebrates Reaching $4 Million and Over 250 Grants Awarded to Support Western North Dakota Communities
Non-profits discuss the impact grants have made in area communities With its latest contributions, Farm Credit has awarded more than 250 grants totaling more than $4 million in western North Dakota communities since 2012. In Minot, the leaders of three Farm Credit...read more
The Board of Directors, management, and staff invite you to our 2019 Annual Meeting and Appreciation Dinner. Sectional meetings will take place on Wednesday, June 5 at the Baymont Inn & Suites Hotel in Mandan and on Thursday, June 6 at the Grand Dakota Lodge in...read more