Crop Hail insurance provides protection against yield reduction caused by hail and/or fire. Other coverages available include transit, vandalism, lightning, and/or stored grain. Optional endorsements are available for wind damage and/or replant coverage. With the help of an Insurance Representative or Loan Officer, you customize the coverage per acre and deductible that is best for your operation.
- Unrecoverable ears due to stalks severed or broken at the node and below the ear
- Covers damage for specified crop by wind when hail destroys five percent or more of the crop during the same occurrence.
- Wind loss interpreted to mean injury to plant above the ground, by breaking off or over of straws by wind.
- Provides additional replant options to certain crops, in addition to your multi-peril coverages
Store Grained Coverage
- Covered store grain from previous year and a portion of the mileage for transit coverage for grain from storage to first place of sale
- Coverage is applied when the crop is in field or transit and a fire that destroys the crop
(availability varies by company)